7 steps for company formation
Company formation in Estonia
- Pick a name for your company and make sure it’s available. To check availability, use the free tool on the Electronic Trade Register website.
- If you do not have an address in Estonia, contact your business service provider to obtain a legal address.
- Register a company online on the company registration portal. You can pay for company formation in Estonia the state fee (190 €) and the share capital through the state portal when submitting an application, or choose to defer the payment of the share capital.
- Get confirmation. Your submitted application will be reviewed within one business day and any notifications will be sent by email.
- If / when there are employees in your company, register them in the employment register on the website of the Tax and Customs Board.
- If there are special requirements for the field of activity, it is necessary to obtain a license. Information on areas of activity and electronic registration can be found on the website of the Register of Economic Activities. A guide to using the registry can be found here.
- If necessary, the company must be registered as a VAT payer on the website of the Tax and Customs Board.